Thursday, August 16, 2007

I've got serious wood

The laying of the floor boards is progressing well, with most of the large living space competed. It's hard to say how it will turn out just yet, but I have high hopes that the trip to Wales and weeks of preparing the boards (not by me) will be worth it. the Poles seem a little concerned about how the sanding process will go, as the boards are so uneven in parts, but I'm trying to explain that this is what we want. I don't think they get it to be honest.

No real surprise really as these are the same people who were happy to store my Special Welsh School Pine Floor Boards outside in the rain with 1 dust sheet protecting them from the British Summer, whilst covering a pile of our old laminate floor boards with 4 dust sheets and a few layers of the expensive acoustic membrane I bought for the ceiling insulation. It turns out one of the builders will be taking the laminate home to redo their hallway. The laminate is worth about £9.50 new. Deep breaths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home